As your Patient-Centered Medical Home, we will work to provide comprehensive care, coordinated care, accessible services, and apply a system-based approach to quality and safety. Your team will include healthcare providers, others who support you and, most importantly—you!
CSV Patient-Centered Medical Home Responsibilities
What you can expect:
- Your team will answer questions and help you understand your healthcare needs.
- When you have concerns about your health, your medical home team will work with you to determine the best way to deal with them.
- If you need to get help from other doctors, your team can support you every step of the way.
Together, you and your team can work on a plan that:
- Is personalized or created just for you
- Is coordinated with other healthcare providers
- Connects you with your healthcare team
What can you do to help?
- Discuss your health concerns with your team. Be honest about your history, symptoms, current medications and any changes in your health.
- Share your past healthcare successes and challenges.
- Tell your team about other healthcare professionals who care for you.
- Follow the healthcare plan you and your team have talked about. Make sure you understand how to follow the plan and set goals you can reach. Once you begin to see results, you and your team can discuss adding new goals.
- Tell your team if you are having trouble sticking with your care plan.
- Speak up if your care plan is not working. Tell your team what is not working so that, together, you can make changes if needed.
- Ask your team about how to reach them after hours.
- Use your own words to repeat back the things you’ve discussed with your team.
- Write down the names of your health team members.
- Before you leave the office, be sure you know the things you need to do before your next appointment.