Breastfeeding Support and Promotion WIC has lactation educators and lactation consultants trained to provide education to pregnant women and to provide support to women who choose to breastfeed. In certain circumstances, WIC can offer breast pumps and other supplies sometimes used during breastfeeding. WIC gives breastfeeding mothers a unique food package. For more information about breastfeeding, please visit the California Department of Public Health WIC breastfeeding page.
- Nutrition Sites of Interest General Nutrition and Health Department Links General Dietetic Internship Brochure
- Internship Application
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics USDA Nutrition Network for a Healthy California Fruits & Veggies More Matters Food Allergies Child Nutrition|
- Kids Health The Healthy Fridge Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity Weight Management for Children
- American Academy of Family Physicians Recipes & Menus
- Network for a Healthy California The California Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program
- California WIC Program Prenatal Nutrition
- March of Dimes Women’s Health
- La Leche League Breastfeeding Guide
About Clinica Sierra Vista’s WIC Program
- At Clinica Sierra Vista, our WIC Program is known for its client-centered approach and customer-friendly staff.
- Each month, over 43,000 participants are benefited by our services.
- With over 100 staff members, including 7 Registered Dietitians, 12 Degreed Nutritionists, 7 International Board Certified Lactation Consultants, and over 26 Certified Lactation Educators, our participants receive the highest quality of nutrition care and breastfeeding support available.
- 80% of our staff members are bilingual, enabling us to provide culturally sensitive counseling and education.
- We have 25 locations in Kern County and 5 locations in Fresno County.