Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a nutrition program that helps pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children under 5 years of age. WIC offers nutritional and breastfeeding education, helps families by providing checks for healthy foods, and offers referrals for other community services. This service is available at all Clinica Sierra Vista locations. No appointment required.
To speak to us about WIC or apply for the program, please call:
661-862-5422 (Kern County)
559-457-5828 (Fresno County)
What does WIC provide?
- Nutrition and Health Education
- Checks to buy healthy foods
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Referrals to other community services
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or recently had a baby
- Infants under 12 months old
- Children up to 5 years old
- Single father (call for more information)
- Meet the WIC income limits (below)
- Bring proof of income, identification and address at each certification appointment and enrollment
- Live in Kern or Fresno County