There are three ways to enroll:
- Visit any Clinica Sierra Vista
- Online at www.coveredca.com
- Toll-free at 1-833-278-4584
The Health Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP) is an intensive enrollment and case-management program that helps uninsured people and families successfully apply for available health insurance and nutrition assistance programs like Medi-Cal, Covered California, and CalFresh (food stamps). The program provides individuals and families with education about and assistance with the application process, case management to ensure successful initial enrollment and annual renewal assistance.
The HIAP program has certified enrollment guides stationed at all of our health centers. HIAP works closely with the local Department of Human and Social Services as well as other program administrators. The goal of the program is to increase the number of insured Californians so that they have access to quality health care and nutritious foods.
How do HIAP services work?
HIAP services are offered to all patients to ensure they receive the affordable, quality health care they need.
- Clinica Sierra Vista accepts most insurance plans, but if you or someone in your household is uninsured or underinsured, our certified enrollment counselors can help you apply for benefits for which you may be eligible.
- During open-enrollment periods, HIAP-certified enrollment counselors will assist individuals and families with enrolling in a qualified health plan through Covered California. There may be special circumstances that allow for enrollment outside of the open enrollment period. Please speak to one of our enrollment staff for more details.
- If you don’t qualify for public or private health insurance, you may be eligible to pay for health care on a sliding-fee scale at a highly discounted rate. The amount you pay is based on your income and family size.
Do you qualify for health insurance?
To find out if you or someone in your household is eligible for Medi-Cal or Covered California insurance plans, click here to start an application now.
You may also contact one of our trained certified enrollment counselors by calling toll-free at 661-328-4245 if you live in Kern County or 855-867-7216 if you live in Fresno County.
Covered California Enrollment Entity
Clinica Sierra Vista is certified to enroll in Covered California.
You will need:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Birth dates
- Pay stubs, W-2’s, or “Wage and Tax Statements”
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your jobs.
Plans cover things such as:
- Doctor’s visits
- And more!